Smart Beacon Bluetooth Low Energy
Beacon with Bluetooth Low Energy technology (BLE), powered by replaceable battery, compatible with iBeacon and Eddystone.
Do you need a larger quantity? Did you find this product at a better price? Contact us
BLE Beacon of small size, powered by a button battery, easily replaceable.
The Beacon can be used as Eddystone or iBeacon.
Eddystone is an open-source protocol (created by Google) that allows you to send 3 types of transmission: UID, URL and TML. The most widely used is the Eddystone-URL format (backbone of the Physical Web project), which allows you to directly transmit a URL. For use as a user, then, is not necessary a specific app, but simply the generic Physical Web app or an updated version of Google Chrome.
- all parameters (mandatory and optional) provided by Eddystone-formed URL, namespace and instance ID for Eddystone-UID
- advertising interval: 0.1 to 5 sec (with steps of 0.1 sec). Default: 1 sec
- TX Power: lowest (20dBm), low (-12dBm), medium (-4dBm), high (4dBm). Default: Low
The iBeacon Protocol makes the Beacon configured to transmit its UUID (Universal Unique ID) and other data (major and minor), which are interpreted by a specific app to perform certain actions (such as displaying a notification to users). To use the iBeacon as a user, then, you must have an application that implements this function.
- UUID, major, minor, advertising interval, TX power, connectable/non-connectable, on/off, password
- advertising interval: 0.1 to 1 sec (with steps of 0.1 sec). Default: 0.4 sec
- TX Power: -40dBm, -30dBm, from -20dBm to 4 dBm (in steps of 4 dB). Default: -8dBm
Technical characteristics of the Beacon
Compatibility with mobile devices
The Beacon is compatible with all mobile operating systems that support Bluetooth Low Energy v4.0 or higher. In particular:
- iOS (7.0 and later, for IBeacon support CoreLocation)
- Android (4.3 and later)
- Windows Phone (8 and later)
- Blackberry 10.
- Version: 4.0 Bluetooth Smart (Low Energy)
- Frequency: 2.402 to 2.480 GHz
- Module: Nordic SoC nRF51822 (MCU and transceiver radio)
- Antenna: PCB, Type F-meandered planar antenna
- Replaceable: Yes
- Model: CR2477 (typical 1000 mAh capacity at 25°C)
- Operational life expected: from 4 months to 2.5 years, 24.7 at room temperature (dependent on advertising range, power and connectability TX)
- Operating temperature: -10 ° C to + 50 ° C
- Material: ABS
- White color
- Dimensions: 40 x 40 x 15 mm
- Protection: IP40
- CE (EU)
Maximum transmission range
Results are obtained in case of beacon and smartphone at 1.5 mt above ground, in LOS free-space condition.
|+4 dBm||0 dBm||-8 dBm||-20 dBm|
|100 m||60 m||25 m||6 m|
Estimate battery life
Battery type CR2477 (nominal capacity: 1000 mAh) - Expected operating life (in months), in relation to transmission power and frequency
|0.1 sec||0.3 sec||0.5 sec||0.7 sec||1.0 sec||5.0 sec|
Expected battery life-time is estimated assuming nominal battery capacity, self-discharge and ambient operating temperature. Batteries from different manufacturers can have different operating lives. Enabling Eddystone-EID and eTLM advertising reduce battery life-time of about 15/20%
5 other products in the same category:
PVC Cards with 125 kHz RFID Chip read only TK4100 (Compatible EM4102 / EM4200). Each Card has an unique Serial number.
Smartrac Web DF combines RFID HF (NFC) and UHF technology in one single inlay. You can read it both with a NFC-enabled smartphone and a UHF reader.
PVC Round Stickers with 125 kHz RFID Chip read only TK4100 (Compatible EM4102 / EM4200). Each Tag has an unique Serial number.
Customers who bought this product also bought:
Adhesive NFC Tags with NTAG21x chip, compatible with all devices, round, printed with NFC logo. They can be applied on metal surfaces.
Adhesive Paper NFC Tags, with NXP MIFARE Ultralight® NFC Chip, compatible with Android and BlackBerry smartphones and tablets.
FX100 is a standalone NFC reader that runs Secured Android 6 and can be used in many B2B contexts for ticketing, payments, tracking, access control. For more information, please contact us
With Bluetooth Smart technology, ACR1255U-J1 easily connects wirelessly to any device running on Android™ 4.3 and later, iOS 5.0 and later, Windows® 7 and later, and Mac OS® 10.7 and later.
Fully Waterproof and weatherproof Anti-Metal NFC Tags, made of PVC plastic, equipped with 3M 467 glue. Round 30mm, NTAG213 NFC Chip with Universal Compatibility. Ideal for any purpose.
NFC Stickers with NTAG213, NTAG216 and other Chips, with professional and durable CMYK color printing. We print up to 10,000 NFC Tags per hour. info After completing the order, click here to submit your artwork.
Identiv SCM uTrust 3700 F NFC Reader is a powerful hardware for encoding NFC Tags and cards ISO/IEC 14443A/B, compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and TagXplorer software by NXP.